A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year’s Day

When you are a little Christmas present you don’t much like fireworks, especially when you can hear them so well with those ears.

2010-01 003

The red sunset should have promised good weather for today but we had rain this morning, then some sun, and a cold wind finished the day.

2010-01 002

2010-01 005

2010-01 006

2010-01 007

2010-01 009 2010-01 008

I just spent an hour or so trying to put a name to these mushrooms.  They grow on a fairly clear bank with pine trees around.  I found a picture of one on a website and I plan to email these pictures to the expert and ask for information.  I’ve never seen anything like it, three parts connected at the top.   Thank goodness the dogs were not interested in them.  When I saw the first one I thought it was a piece of plastic because of the strange shape and bright color.  If anyone knows what it is please let me know.  When I searched for pictures of mushrooms I got quite a collection, including a mushroom cloud from an atomic explosion.

My plans for sleeping through the midnight celebration were spoiled by fireworks and dogs not liking them.  I learned the hard way not to comfort dogs when they get scared.  If they get attention for it they do it more.  I used to have to give my Great Dane a bowl of wine to calm her down.  Of course I had a glass with her.

Later….

No comments: