A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cartersville, GA

4:30  We’re in Cartersville, GA.  Had no problems on the road.  There was a 5 mile long, 4 lanes wide parking lot on the southbound side of I-75 just north of Atlanta.   Glad I was headed north.  I didn’t see what had stopped traffic and it was only about 2:30 so I don’t think it was just rush hour traffic. 

I am at a KOA campground.  Ran into a guy from Beavercreek at the office but didn’t ask his name.    I have WIFI and cable TV so I can check the weather.  I am watching the storm that is coming across the country and will make a decision tonight about when to make the dash for home.

Pretty tired tonight but fell okay.  It gets me in the shoulders and I forget I can change the angle of the steering wheel.  The dogs are happy to be stopped.  They had several short walks along the way which is good for me also.  I managed to resist all the signs along the way advertising everything from ADULT entertainment to pecans and BBQ. 

Got gas twice as I don’t like it to get below half.  It was much cheaper in GA than it was in FLA.  Like $2.97 in FLA and $2.57 in GA.  That really doesn’t make much difference even though I pay about $75.00 for a half tank full.

Later….

No comments: