A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Old Friends

Just heard that some very old friends, not that old, just been friends for a long time, are reading my blog.  Some of their kids who used to play in the yard with my kids, also.  One day I counted bikes in the yard and there were at least 20.  We had weeping willow trees to climb and dress up clothes to play with.  I liked the kids at my house as then I knew what they were doing.  Once a Mother called and asked in amazement if I let the kids climb trees.  I told her, of course I did.  It was only a few days until her little girl came back to play but I sent her home to get a note saying she could climb trees. 

There were rules about climbing trees.  You had to be able to get up there without help from other kids and you couldn’t use lawn chairs to do it either.  A couple of times, when kids got way too high in the willows, I had to talk them down.  Like – put your right foot down six inches and there is a limb that will hold you, then move your left hand to the branch right in front of you etc….  And there were a few times cookies and kool-aid were enough incentive to get them down.  Good times, much simpler times.  I’m glad I’m not raising kids today.   It seems there is so much more to worry about today, or maybe we just know more about things to worry about.

The belly ache is quiet today (just a few rumbles) due to liquid diet and pills.  I tried some cup-of-soup by picking out the tiny noodles etc.  That tasted good.  I miss chewing so I chew the jello.   

This mornings walk was fast due to the cold weather.  The news said some parts of northern Florida got sleet but it wasn’t here, thank goodness.    Tonight is supposed to be in the teens, the coldest yet.  Hope my pipes don’t freeze.  The space heater has been running all day.  It’s supposed to warm up next week.    Right!  I’ll believe it when I feel it.  I should have brought those turtle neck sweaters I thought about.

Later….

No comments: