A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No Pills – Day 5

HAH!  There I fixed it.  That is a website which everyone needs to check out.

But I am speaking of my water system.  When the fresh water tank ran out of water the pump kept running all the time.  I unmade my bed and held up the half that makes the seat of the couch, when it’s a couch, and tried to unplug it.  I tried the circuit breakers to see if one of them worked just the pump but that didn’t work.  So I got out the handy dandy will-cut-anything scissors and, while supporting half the bed with one shoulder and using a penlight, cut one of the wires to it.   The scissors had plastic coating on the handles so I wasn’t too worried about shocks, well not much.  

So I fixed it.  Now I am committed to using the water hose to the campground faucet and carrying a few jugs of water when I’m not at the campground.  But I also won’t be burning up the pump until I get somewhere to find someone to figure out what is really wrong.  The pump isn’t supposed to run at all when I am hooked up to the outside water.  And, yes, I checked, I still have water.

So far today I have had no belly ache, well, not much anyway.  I even varied my diet a little bit by having a potato for lunch.  We Irish must have our potatoes.  I even put some margarine on it. 

Yeah for Massachusetts!! 

I’ve been meaning to tell about one of the papers I signed at the hospital when I took samples to their lab.  It said that no matter what they did to me I couldn’t sue them for more than $100,000.   That is the kind of law that they need to be thinking about it Washington.  That would cut doctor’s insurance costs and lower their fees to the patient.  We could try that for a while and see what difference it makes without jumping into the whole thing at once. 

Later….

No comments: