A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bananas Rice Applesauce Toast

9:00  Don’t think I’ll know how bad I’m feeling until I feel better.  I’ve lost 8 lbs. and my jeans are falling off.  Good thing I brought along a belt.  At least the weather is supposed to get warmer today and tomorrow.   Headed to the shower this morning and laundry later. 

By the way, I didn’t mention yesterday that the doctor at the urgent care dropped one of her rubber gloves on the floor while trying to put them on, she picked it up and used it anyway.  Really gives me confidence in the place.

One of these pills makes me sleepy.  That might be a good thing.

1:00  I talk to dead people.  Not only sleepy but very realistic dreams.  I’m going to have to cut back on something.    No laundry today, I might fall asleep in the laundry room.

6:00  I’ve tried different ways to eat the BRAT diet.  Tonight wasn’t bad.  I mixed the rice with the applesauce and ate them hot with a little salt.  When I make toast the smoke alarm goes off.   There are two alarms so the first time it happened I grabbed the wrong one and carried it outside.  Since the other one is on the ceiling by the door, opening the door got the right one to shut off.  Tonight I figured it out.  I picture people hearing my smoke alarm and seeing my door open and a smoke alarm flying out.  I just need to turn on the vent fan before I run the toaster.

Red got into trouble tonight on our walk.   She kept pulling more than usual so I stopped a few times to get her attention.  Then she found something on the ground that she wanted to eat.  I tried to get her to spit it out by rolling  her lip into her mouth and pushing it hard onto her teeth, she yelped and tried to bite me but when I got the leashes straightened out it was gone.  No telling what she ate.  I may find out in the middle of the night if it doesn’t stay down.  Every now and then I have to exert authority over her.  The other two aren’t so pushy. 

Feeling a bit better today but I almost hate to say so, knock on wood. 

Later….

No comments: