A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Saturday of twenty ten

Glad I brought along at least one pair of long johns.   It’s supposed to be cold for a while – in the 20’s at night.  A dog at the small of my back and one next to my stomach.  A few two dog nights.  But they do that on warm nights too.

I think I have solved the problem of finding the Goodwill Store here in Lake City.  My GPS has very old maps and they weren’t all that accurate to begin with.  So I reverted to yahoo maps.  GPS was taking me to NW Main and the store is on SW Main.  Soooo, just go the other way on Main.  

Cold day, cold walks, worked on genealogy a little bit.  Played pogo a little bit.   Filled my water tank.  I have started boiling my drinking water to see if that helps the belly aches. 

Two years ago I had a problem with filling my water tank.  A little water would go in and then it would act like it was full and start gushing back out.  My brother-in-law, Bob, found the problem.  When you put water in, air has to get out.  A little bit of water was blocking the air outlet tube.  The solution was to put the water in under enough pressure to force the water out of the air vent.  If there isn’t enough pressure to do that I have found that I can take a deep breath and blow into the water inlet when it is clogged with the water that can’t get in.  It worked today.   Pretty good for an old lady.  I think it is a manufacturer problem.  The air vent shouldn’t be in a position to get blocked by water, especially when the water tank is empty.  I can tell the water tank is empty because it stops coming out of the faucet.  Duh.

I know, my mouth on the water intake – yuck.  But I drink the water, I kiss my dogs, my dogs kiss me.  We share germs.  Anyway, I’m boiling it now. 

Called my daughter today.  It was funny, we were instant messaging on the internet so I knew she was at my house so I called my number.  She worked hard today redoing my space at the antique barn and my friends all helped her.  It’s nice to know that my kids like to do the same kind of things as me.

Happy Birthday to my Great-Nephew, Justin.  

Later….

No comments: