A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, January 22, 2010

No Pills – Day 7

10:00 a.m. Called and checked in with the doctor in Ohio as I was supposed to do.  Just left a voice message for the nurse actually.  I have decided to head home next week.  The oncologist here decided I couldn’t be having the side effects I was having since they are rare.  Apparently I’m a rare person.  He also is milking Medicare by having a doctor’s appointment every time I go for the Zometa.  He also has been criticizing my care I’ve been getting in Ohio.  Since he doesn’t think I’m rare I will stick with the doctors I have in Ohio.  They seem to be able to listen and respond to what they hear.  They know I don’t cry wolf. 

1:00 Did laundry this morning.  The sun is shining and the puddles are shrinking but the ground is still very spongy.  

I’m still on a very careful diet which seems to be working.  Don’t mess with what is working.  But I am low on bananas so I will need to make a banana run today or tomorrow.

3:00  The nurse has called twice to keep me informed.  I now have my next appointment in Ohio for Feb. 3.  She was happy that I am doing better.  A good nurse is sometimes as good as or better than a good doctor.  She was familiar with the BRAT diet and encouraged me to slowly add other foods. 

My daughter says she has found the weight I lost.  It’s nice to keep it in the family. 

Later….

No comments: