A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Doctors

2:30  Today I spent the entire morning from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 at an urgent care place, the hospital, and the drug store.  I got examined, peed in a cup,  handed over my stool sample and got some unreadable prescriptions.  Then they packaged up the samples and sent me to the hospital to hand them over to a lab.  There was another wait there, “fill out the papers”,  go to the lab,  as well as get lost trying to get out of the place.  Architects lay awake nights thinking up complicated layouts for hospitals.  Then wait at the drug store for the drugs.  One of them is an antibiotic and the other is to stop the diarrhea.  

I am trying the BRAT diet.  My sister told me about it and at first I thought she was commenting on my personality.   I looked it up on the internet.   B is for bananas, R is for rice, A is for applesauce, T is for toast.  I started cooking the rice but ran out of propane in the middle.  So I finished it in the microwave where it ran over and made a mess.  I can’t get propane until the office opens at 4:00 anyway.  Good Grief!  I think I will take a nap.  One of those pills says it may make me sleepy.

5:00 Nice nap, got propane, I’m ready to get on with things.  Oh, and no repercussions yet from the food I ate at 2:00.

Later….

No comments: