A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All Clean

2:00 p.m.  There are three very clean, very beautiful dogs living with me now.  When we got to the groomers they suggested that all of them get a bath so Red joined the other two and got all cleaned up.  She had never been to a groomer before but apparently she did okay.  At least no one got bitten.  As you can see Teddy is the most changed.   He actually has a face.  Red isn’t sure she knows him, but the nose knows.  As always, Silly is beautiful.

2010-01 001 2010-01 002

I had a long hot shower this morning so we are all clean.  In fact I was barely on time getting the dogs to the groomer, 10:00 a.m.  Then I headed to Walmart for some groceries.  It was really strange putting groceries away without three noses checking everything. 

Then to the doctor’s office.  As to my treatment, I am to go on a liquid diet for a week to see if that helps my belly.  If not he thinks I should see a gastroenterologist.  If that is the case I told him I would have to head home as I have no support system here.  (Gastroenterologists order things like colonoscopies which involve anesthetic)  He offered to put me in the hospital for a week.  Oh goody.   I think I’d rather head home than spend a week in the hospital and have to board the dogs. 

So I went back to the grocery store and got a bunch of juice and jello.  I will try the liquid diet for a week and then make a decision about whether or not to head home.   Cheeesh.

5:30 p.m.  My cell phone rang at 5:00 this evening.  It was the alert system in my home town warning me of a possible snow emergency starting tomorrow at 6:00 a.m.  I am not to park on the street.    Let’s see – go home to snow emergencies or stay here and eat jello.   Well, snow melts, so I don’t have to think about it today.  I’m glad I’m here and not there – for now.  I’ll think about it

later….

No comments: