A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Doctors

9:00 a.m. Time to call in the pros.  I have calls in to my general practitioner and my oncologist back in Ohio.  I don’t expect return calls for a while as Mondays are always busy at doctor’s offices.  I need to make a decision about whether to go back home now before I get too weak and rundown to do it. 

There is a skim of ice on the pond where the fountain is this morning except for right around the fountain. 

2:30 p.m.  Heard from the oncologist’s nurse.  I am to stop taking my pills for a week and see if that helps.  The liquid diet is helping but I can’t keep doing that forever.  I am also to see if I can get a local Urgent Care facility to do a stool culture.   So I have that to do.  The general practitioner called and said to do what the oncologist says.

5:30 p.m. Had another call from the oncologists nurse.  Now she says keep taking the pills until we find out what the culture shows.  Now I have perverse guts so we will eat food - YEAH – and wait for results….

later….

No comments: