A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Other Blogs

You may have noticed the new feature on the right.  Those are blogs that I read on a regular basis.  Because We Can  is my sister, Linda.  She and her husband, Bob,  live full time in their RV and travel around.  The Adventures of Tioga and George posts several times a day, he is quite a character, and his son Dave (Dave’s Home) has just recently started posting.  He is a foster parent. Mailorderbride is a woman from the Philippines who married a man from Oregon.  To get her story you will have to read some of her older blogs.  On The Road Again is a single woman who works and camps.  The only one of these that I have ever met is my Sister but I enjoy reading about their lives.  There are others that I read now and then. 

tent campsite

The picture above is a tent campsite.  The shelter over the picnic table is to create shade on hot days.  It’s a little crooked.  It doesn’t do much today since it is in the 40’s.

cabin

This is one of the smaller cabins.  I think you have to cook outside and use the bathhouse if you stay here.

cabins & tent sites

This is an overall picture showing the tent sites and the cabin.  I cast a long shadow.

I’m glad I have the RV although I used to camp in a tent.  We camped in a 9x9 tent from 1964 thru 1967.  The third child forced us to get a popup camper as we just didn’t fit in the tent anymore.  Thanks Susan.   It’s really not comfortable sitting in a tent with bears roaming around. 

Not much wildlife here so far but I have a feeling there is plenty out there.  The dogs sure like to sniff along the nature trail.

Later….

No comments: