A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, January 4, 2010

I did it

Tonight I had about 3 bites of food left of my supper when a man stopped by to chat.  When I came back inside, about 2 minutes later, my bites were gone.   I knew it was Teddy as Silly and Red were madly clawing at the windshield and barking at the dog the man was walking.  So I did it.  I took a cracker, buttered it and sprinkled it with Alum powder.  Then I left it on the empty plate and went outside for 30 seconds.  When I came back in the cracker was gone.  Teddy was licking his chops.  Since then he has been laying on the passenger seat sleeping.  He just woke up and drank a bunch of water.  I don’t think he feels too good.  It may take several crackers to break him of stealing my food.  I have lots of crackers.

The man just wanted to know what part of Ohio we were from since he is from Ohio too.  We talked about the weather and I told him I had heard there was 16 inches of snow in Dayton.  That seemed to make both of us feel better. 

This morning the grass here was white and crunchy and windshields had a layer of frost.  We walked fast.  Somehow it didn’t take the dogs long to find the right spot to go potty.

I felt so much better today that I went venturing around town and picked up a couple of items I was low on.  Still didn’t find the Goodwill Store even though I found the right street.  Then when I got back, the belly ache was back.  So I’m thinking I’ll just have to keep taking double pills until a solution is found.

I made an appointment for the dogs to get groomed while I am at the Dr’s office on Wed.  That seemed efficient. 

Later….

No comments: