A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

No Pills – Day 1

At 3:30 a.m. the drug induced sleepiness wore off and I was awake for a full hour before I could get back to sleep.  With no pills I feel better already although the trips the bathroom are still happening.  I didn’t realize I had so much nausea.  

I actually got hungry today and went shopping so I could put some bullion into the rice for a change.  I also dumped waste tanks and filled the fresh water tank. 

It’s a good thing I got stuff done this morning as it has been raining all afternoon.  Red barks at the sound of it when it starts.  She is sometimes a nervous twit.  This evening a little lightening is thrown in.  It’s nice sitting in a warm dry RV and listening to the rain on the roof.   I still walk the dogs but we take much shorter walks except for detours around puddles.  I can wear a raincoat, they can’t.  So that involves a towel when we get back.

Teddy is learning.  He has always tried to mark over where Red peed.  Lately he has been in such a hurry to do it that he peed on her which mortifies her.  So I have been teaching him to wait till she is done, then he can go.  He looks at me plaintively while he waits.  When I first got him he tried several times to mark on me.  Male dogs have a whole different slant on pee.  Maybe it has something to do with being a rescued dog.  He didn’t have a family for the first 2 or 3 years of his life. 

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, too.  That’s okay as long as I feel better as I do today.

Later….

No comments: