A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Ready to Travel

Sunrise through the trees, mist rising from the pond.  Our lake around the RV has dried up.

Sunrise

Getting ready to travel means checking everything, washing windows, stowing everything so it doesn’t rattle, adjusting mirrors, dumping tanks.  Everything has a place.  I have found I can close the bathroom door while driving by hitting the brakes to make it open all the way and then speeding up to slam it shut.  Probably use up a gallon of gas doing that.

The last minute things are messy.  When I wind up hoses and cords they have to be wiped off with paper towels and that leaves my hands dirty just when I am ready to drive off.   This trip I have the water situation to think about.  Remember – I cut the wires to the pump when it wouldn’t stop running.  I have been saving plastic juice bottles and storing water in the shower.  The dogs can’t be without water.

Somehow one of my mirrors got whacked on my last trip to town.  It takes several trips outside and back into the driver seat to get it right.  Every time I get into the driver seat I have to order Red out of it. 

Red rides in the passenger seat which was a problem when I traveled with my Sister last fall.  Red doesn’t give up easily.  She was just sure the umpteenth time she asked to sit there it might work.  Occasionally Teddy gets up there with her.  He is subtle about it and shares but she doesn’t put up with it for long.   He likes to travel sitting or laying beside the driver’s seat on the floor.   He gets a little car sick at first but settles down eventually.  I can give him a pill that helps.

Silly is easy, she travels on the bed and sleeps most of the time.  At age 11 (that’s 77 in people years or maybe more for a large dog) she takes everything in stride.  She is happy as a 2nd or 3rd dog and has never challenged to be leader of the pack.  Her best trick lately has been burping after her breakfast.  She seems quite proud of that.

Nature Trail

The is a snapshot of the nature trail.  Part of it is still wet so we only went half way and back today.

My stomach is behaving very well today so I’m hopeful the trip will go well.  Don’t like stopping along the thruway.

Don’t know if I’ll find WIFI along the way so if I don’t post for a few days don’t worry about it.  My kids will probably call me or I will call them.   Running away from home isn’t what it used to be.

Later….

No comments: