A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why does the Chicken….

Why does the chicken crow at midnight, or 2:00 a.m.?  He is a gorgeous fellow and came closer when I called.  Raised on a farm I can surely remember how to call chickens.  Of course the goats came too.   Don’t know how to call goats as we never had any.  I think maybe he wants some hens and that could be making him not sleep well.  He doesn’t always crow in the night but now and then I hear him.

2009-12 001

This goat is on top of their hill, all by himself.  Do goats play king of the hill?  

2009-12 002

Today was clean or else day.  Two dogs were sick in the night which involved getting up and letting them out quickly.  It could be a dog version of what I’ve been having.  I vacuumed and swept and scrubbed.  Does anyone wake up and say “oh goody, it’s cleaning day”?  I don’t think so.  Other people had the same idea.  One fellow was hosing off his trailer and, inadvertently, his bulldog.  She didn’t seem to mind at all. 

I have used my shower only once on this trip.  I found that something, maybe shampoo, had spilled in the shower and made the floor very slippery, dangerously slippery.  So I have scrubbed it twice and am still not satisfied enough to use it again.  I’ll pick up some vinegar next shopping trip.  That will kill the soap and make the shower safe again.   I’ve been using the campground’s shower and it leaves a bit to be desired.  I mentioned the fact that the shower drain doesn’t work to Sandy and she got right on the men to fix it as if it overflows it goes into their home.  It does give me feet a good soaking. 

A smart aleck grandmother, me, bought some blue mouth wash that shows up if you haven’t done a good job brushing your teeth for our trip to Gettysburg back in June.  Now that is the only mouthwash I have.  Serves me right. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be shopping day.   Should I get some mouthwash?  Naaaaa

Later….

No comments: