A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Up to Snuff

  OK I have been inspired to figure out how to link.  Click on the word link and it takes you to an explanation of “Up to Snuff” .   Or here is another one just to prove I figured out how to do it.

  This information was supplied by the Sister (capitol S Sister – an old family joke) of the man I called dumb.  He wasn’t really dumb but he sure could be aggravating at times.    She was inspired to find the origins of the saying. 

This morning I really wasn’t ready to get up but three furry friends insisted.  I knew I wasn’t fully awake when I picked up the eye drops and held them to my ears and nose before remembering they were for my eyes.   A brisk walk soon woke me up.

After a rainy day yesterday the sun is out even though there is a chill in the air.

My stomach is still iffy so have gone to the meds.  This getting old isn’t easy.   I have put off shopping for a couple more days.  Don’t want to fight the last week-end before Christmas shoppers.  I always have a plan B for when I don’t want to shop.  

Just now convincing Red dog that peacocks are not for chasing is enough.  Once I get back in the pine trees I sometimes drop the leashes and let the dogs run.  They love it.  The place I am going next has a fenced dog run.   Those are always good for sniffing where other dogs have been and they usually have a park bench for dog people.

Chatted with some neighbors yesterday and let the kids pet the dogs.  The dogs are a great ice breaker.  I tell people they look like a Walt Disney movie about the happen.  Got some tips on where to shop.  I have identified a Goodwill store in town and have entered it into the GPS for our next outing.   You never know what you might find. 

Later….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was a "big S" Sister....I only knew about "big D" Daughters and "small d" daughters. But it is really nice being called the Big S Sister when I was a small d daughter. LOLOLOL