A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Propane Today

I ran out of propane in the night, of course it was the coldest night yet.  To get propane I had to drive to the tank which is behind the office.  I stowed things that might move around and partially closed this laptop computer and left it on the table.  After getting my tank filled and getting back to my site I opened the computer and found two letters missing, the P and the L.  Some furry friend had decided to try out that thing that occupies so much of the master's time.  Luckily the letters were not lost and  popped back on their spots.  Lesson learned, close computer all the way when I will be out of the RV.  I am guessing it was Teddy.

I did get a card for a dog groomer from the office.   Silly needs a grooming and the other two need toenails cut etc.

We tried the nature walk again today, not all the way as there is a large bull dog tied outside an RV at one end of it.  So we walked starting the other end about half way and then turned around and came back.  We did see wildlife.

2009-12 001

The sign says Please Use Caution; Beware; Trails & Ponds Could have Alligators & Snakes.  Thank you.

2009-12 004

All we saw was this large bird patiently waiting for a meal.  We couldn’t get very close but his reflection is giving him away. Of course, the dogs sniffed and probably know about a lot of other wildlife nearby.

2009-12 007

This sign says: You might see many insects on this trail like bees, wasps, spiders, and maybe even a scorpion, but insects like those normally only bite when they feel they are in danger or you walk threw(?) their nest by mistake.  Now mosquitoes on the other hand will bite no matter what.  Female mosquitoes bite to survive, she needs blood so she can lay her eggs.  Did you know that male mosquitoes do not bite at all?  Protect yourself against mosquitoes by using insect repellent with these ingredients: Deet, Lemon Eucalyptus, or Picaridin.

I finally got around to doing some geneology this afternoon.   The time just flew.  It got up to 85 degrees in the RV before I noticed and turned on the fan.  The sun hits and it gets hot quickly as there isn’t much insulation.  It wasn’t really that warm outside. 

Later….

No comments: