A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Shopping Day

An early morning walk has its rewards. 

2009-12 001

We went to town today.  That just involves unplugging from the electricity, stowing the electric cord, and driving away.  Of course, I have to put a lawn chair over the sewer connection so I can see exactly where it is and not drive over it. 

First I instructed the GPS to take me to the address of the Goodwill Store I had found on the internet.  It wasn’t there.  So I found a place to turn around and headed to Walmart. 

I think everyone had the same idea about waiting until today to do their shopping.  I could barely get into the parking lot.   When I got ready to go in I couldn’t find my list that I’ve been making for several days.  Since I bring my “house” with me it had to be here somewhere.  I finally found it, I don’t even remember where.   Carts were at a premium but I found one with a bumpy wheel.  I found everything on my list and even added a six pack of beer, Killian’s Irish Red to be exact.  

I thought about venturing around town but realized that I was already tired so I headed home, after a very short walk with the dogs in Walmart’s parking lot.

The picture below is of the last 3/4 mile of the road to the campground.  It is packed sand and very bumpy.  It is also pretty.   I go about 10 miles an hour on this part of the road.

2009-12 003

This morning there was some frost on the ground.  Last night I finally remembered the electric blanket that my Sister gave me a couple of years ago.  It’s just a small one but my bed is a small one.  Both myself and the dogs appreciated it last night.  Sometime in the night it got turned off but it had done it’s job.

I had help from the owner’s granddaughters on this evenings walk.  They walked the dogs with me and when we got back they came right into the RV.  Then they started climbing into the overhead part and asking for juice and asking what would happen if I got locked out.  I told them I had a key hidden.  Then one of them went nuts wanting to know where the key was.  I told her the only reason someone would want to know that was if they wanted to rob me.   KIDS!!!!!     I thanked them for helping me when they left.

Later….

P.S.  They fixed my water connection while I was gone and I didn’t get to see the handy man get squirted – darn.

No comments: