A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Almost up to Snuff

Whatever that saying means.  I got into trouble once for using a saying that I didn’t know what it meant.  I told my husband he was dumber than a bank mule.  When he asked what that meant I had to admit I didn’t know.  So I wrote a letter to my parents, back before communication was like today.  My Father told me that a bank mule was one who pulled the boats up the Erie Canal after they had floated down.  They didn’t have to know gee or haw, just pull forward.  That is pretty dumb for a mule.   So if anyone knows what “up to snuff” means I hope it isn’t nasty.

Our morning walk was just after sunrise.  The sun was hitting the bottom of the clouds in the picture below.

2009-12 002

Eating regular food tonight after a day of being very careful with the diet.  Even took a shower and got human.  But I have put toilet paper on the shopping list.  I know, TMI, (Too Much Information according to my daughter).

It seems my granddaughters car has a bad transmission and she needs it to get to school.  So my daughter, Lory,  borrowed my car and lent her car to the granddaughter.  It is probably good for my car to be run while I am gone and school is a priority.  Lory’s email to me about their week was one disaster after another.  Her car takes a programmed key that costs $50 some dollars.  The only one she has is taped together.  They were locking Christmas presents in the trunk when the key came apart.  They managed to fish out the part that they needed to get home but are afraid to try to unlock the trunk with it.  So Santa will bring a new key and before Christmas they hope.  Their Christmas tree keeps falling over – there is a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old in the house.  Nuth said. 

I seem to remember one year we nailed the tree to the wall.   It was a “found in the woods” Charlie Brown kind of tree anyway.  Did anyone else go shopping for the worst tree they could find?  They were all beautiful when we got done decorating them.

The weather is supposed to be cool and rainy tonight and tomorrow.  Internet service isn’t very good in the rain.  Maybe the signal can’t dodge the raindrops.  So if I don’t post, don’t worry.

Later….

No comments: