A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Texas

Today I washed dishes but only because I ran out of silverware (I use paper plates). While I was at it I cleaned a venetian blind behind the stove. Yuck, I hate cleaning venetian blinds. I think when I cook on the stove top I should put that blind up after this so it doesn't get spotted with food spatter.

I called Ohio Dept. of Transportation, they have not received my license plate sticker back yet. When they do they said they will resend it. If it hasn't shown up by the 13th they will issue another one. AAARRRG.

Some of the ground dried up today and with careful planning I could walk around without squishing.

The first of the month is heart worm pill day. Thankfully they make those things taste good. The only challange is making sure each one gets their own pill and gets it down before another one grabs it. I tried giving the dogs pieces of carrot for a treat today. I haven't done that since I had Scoobie and Toto. Scoobie took a while to decide it was edible but then liked it fine. Toto didn't eat his. He kept looking at the other dogs as if they were nuts to be eating theirs. I finally divided his up between the other dogs. Maybe next time he'll get the idea.

After watching the weather reports I have decided to take a jaunt to the coast tomorrow. That means giving Toto a car sick pill first thing in the morning and hoping he does okay. I have been told he will get over it but he hasn't yet.

It is Mardi Gras and that is a big deal around here. I'm afraid the whole thing offends me. It's like people have to act goofy and have a party now because we are going to have to be good for while. That must be the puritan heritage in me. How about a parade and celebration on Easter?

After being tied to the RV and watching the other dogs take a walk a few times, Scoobie is trying to do better - sometimes. Someone here at the RV park said he looks like an Airdale so I looked up Airdales on the internet and found they are high energy active dogs. I asked the rescue place for a "couch potato" dog so they recommend Scoobie. They lied. I have considered giving him back to them when I get home. We will see. He really is fine inside and doesn't run off if he gets out. It just seems to be the leash that he has a problem with. If he isn't pulling to the front, he is pulling to the side and lungeing at anything that moves, constantly searching for something moving. I have been trying some of the hints Linda (of the Affenpinscher Rescue) gave me and maybe they are helping. I enter and leave the RV first and make the dogs wait until I say they can enter or leave. I give him a private lesson on the leash. When he lunges I turn around and go the other way, quickly - which sometimes pulls him off his feet.

Enough about dogs, I'm sure all my friends with cats are sick of hearing about them.

Maybe I'll get some pictures of the ocean tomorrow.

No comments: