A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Texas Trade Days

I took pictures today, even took a video, but they aren't going to be on here. I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera yesterday so the stuff I took today is on the permanent memory of the camera. I can only get it onto the computer with a cable which is in Ohio. I'll try again tomorrow. I have a feeling the wind will blow again tomorrow so I can get more pictures of the wind things whirling. The wind blew my clothing rack over onto the ground so I got creative. I took a gallon jug of water and a bungy cord and tied down the leg facing the wind. Of course, tomorrow the wind will probably blow a different direction but I can move my bungy-jug if I need to.

Sales were good for a change even tho it was Friday. I sold the hitch-haul that I've been carting around. I have had a bunch of cuff links that wouldn't sell. I had them down to $1.00/set. I put them on the 50 cent table and said that was each cuff link - they are gone. I sold 12 paper backs and a couple of glass nail files. I saw those in a shop in Fredericksburg and then found them wholesale on ebay and bought a bunch. So if Friday was this good I have high hopes for Saturday.

More dealers are coming in. Some of them can't get here by Friday. Sat. is the big day anyway. There was no one on either side of me and some people cut thru that gap. Sure hope someone comes to set up and block people from doing that.

Of course the wind blew and the dust flew. I hope it blows the dust off before I have to pack up on Sunday night. Yeah, like that could happen.

No comments: