A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Winnie, TX

It may now be revealed where I am in Texas. I think the people who were looking for me knew already anyway. Today I am old. There really aught to be more than 2 years between 68 and 70.

Today I took a nap and then found a place to groom Silly on Wednesday. Then I called the POST OFFICE. I asked if there was any mail for me in general delivery, they said "NO". I asked how long a package from Illinois should take to arrive if it was mailed a week ago Sat. She said "oh, a package, yes, there is a package for you". I didn't yell, I didn't scream - I wanted to but I didn't. I just went to the post office and got my package. It was the webcam that I got on ebay. I spent a couple of hours installing it and getting onto Yahoo messenger. Then I contacted my sister and we had a nice long conversation while looking at one another. She even called me, computer to computer, no phone numbers involved, for free. I'm hoping to contact my daughter this evening.

Even an OLD LADY can learn new stuff. Now I can (must I?) look at myself while I am on the computer.

Tomorrow may be a trip to find a thrift store in Beaumont.

No comments: