A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winnie, TX

The first thing this morning we went to the local vets office to get Silly groomed and bathed. The road to the vets ended at this beautiful iron gate to a horse farm. They seemed to be training horses there.

After dropping her off we went on to the grocery store, then the laundromat, and then the post office. No mail today. No sticker for my license plate. I am now illegal. The sticker says 2-08 but since my birthday it is now expired. I hope Texas doesn't know I already had the birthday. If the sticker doesn't come this week I am going to dab some mud on the sticker and move on. Do you think that will work?



This is a groomed poodle. She knows she is beautiful. They always say she is so good for them. When I try to work on getting hair out of her ears it is a battle to get her to hold still. They cut all the hair off her feet and between her toes so she won't get so many burrs stuck in her feet.

Scooby picked up a stick today. He was chewing it and broke it in two. I was afraid he was going to eat it like he did the pecan. I tried to take it away from him and he growled at me. I rolled his lip over his teeth and applied all the pressure I could but no deal. I don't think he feels pain. I finally pried his jaws apart without getting bitten. Maybe he thought we were playing but I didn't feel that way. I'm not sure I have the energy to deal with him.

Tomorrow is vacuum day.

No comments: