A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, February 22, 2008

This picture is the Galveston skyline from Crystal Beach. I only realized it could be seen from here today. I had a couple of other pictures to put on but that feature seems to have stopped working.

One of the pictures was of some marks in the sand showing where I got stuck for a while. I whipped out my shovel and a nice man helped me smooth out the sand behind my wheels and I was out in no time. The answer is - stay on the dark sand as it is hard enough to drive on.

We walked for a couple of hours and picked up some shells. Scooby tried jumping straight up in an effort to catch a seagull. The other dogs walked calmly along sniffing at stuff on the beach.

Then a quick stop at the touristy food store - bananas at 59 cents/lb - gas at $3.19/gal. - and picked up some cold cuts and crackers. I will try to stay away from there.

We may go to the beach again tomorrow. It seems there is a beach pass required for parking on the beach. Maybe I should get one before going again.

No comments: