A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winnie, Texas

This afternoon we had a thunder storm with wind and hail. I guess later on east of here there were some tornados.

This morning we started out bright and early headed for Beaumont and a thrift store. We arrived at 9:30 which isn't hard to do when your 4 legged alarms clocks go off at 6:00 a.m. We were an hour early so we sat in the parking lot and read a book for an hour. They had paperback books at 35 cents, hardbacks for $1.00 so I got several. I also found a pair of rubber boots that fit just right. Now I can squish around without getting my sneakers wet. Also got a small bag of buttons that need some cleaning but look really old.
The trip was uneventful except that my GPS expected me to cross 3 lanes of traffic in about 300 feet and then tried to get me back on track by sending me down a dead end street. I just love to turn this 23 foot thing around in someone's driveway. I only had to get out 3 times to check if I was okay. It's wonderful when it works, just like all these modern conveniences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is incredible. Scary but incredible.