A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Texas

BOOHOO! I've been a Patriots fan since about 1967 when they were the Boston Patriots. I've cheered when they almost made a first down - the only opportunity to cheer in the whole game. So I'm not a fair weather fan. As the saying goes - on any given day, any team .........

I liked the Budweiser dalmation commercial. Some of them I forgot to watch as I was busy with pecans and usually commercials are the time to get something else done. Shame on me.

Shame on me also for leaving the dishpan of pecans where Scoobie could get one this morning. No other dog bothered with them, just the wild-child dog. This afternoon his stomach sounded like he had swallowed a bear and when he looked anxiously at the door I took him out. He got rid of some of it at both ends but he wouldn't eat supper tonight so I don't think the crises is over. I found several pieces of shell on the floor so he didn't swallow it all. Can a dog's stomach digest pecan shells? I didn't think anyone wanted to see a picture of a dog being sick so no pictures tonight.

Tomorrow will be a trip to the dreaded POST OFFICE to see if my webcam has arrived. I may also do some laundry - or not - depending on the weather. There is no doubt that I am a redneck according to Jeff Foxworthy. He says "if you've ever vacuumed your bed you might be a redneck". My sheets need laundering after dogs have made my bed a few times. But if it's going to rain tomorrow wouldn't it be wise to wait one more day so they stay clean longer?

Oh, the decisions we retirees must make.

No comments: