A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crystal Beach, TX

Pictures are working today so here are some I couldn't get up before.
This is the large pond here and on the other side you can see the RV's. There is an island in the middle. The walk around the pond makes a nice way to exercise the dogs. .... and me.
This is an oil drilling platform off Crystal Beach. On the foggy days only the top was visible.


This is an exotic looking duck who lives near the pond. Last year there were 12 ducks, this year there are 46. The manager took a boat out to the little island and collected over 40 eggs to prevent there being 100 ducks next year. I doubt if it will work, they will just lay more eggs. Is there such a thing as duck birth control? Maybe a duck season would work better.

I did laundry this morning in a small trailer this campground provides. When the wind blew the sides of the trailer flexed and sounded like major thunder. It took me a while to figure out what the sound was. My RV is rocking with the wind today.

I am moving tomorrow to a campground without WIFI so I won't be posting until next week. I am concerned about the quality of the water here and plan to flush my fresh water system. That job has been a challange in the past. We will see how it goes this time.

No comments: