A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Donna, Texas

When I told GPS I didn't want to go on the highway it took me down this narrow country road. There should be something between country lanes and 6 lane thruways.

The GPS shows me out in the water (the green arrowhead) and a little off course (the pink line) but we made it just fine. There was a 45 minute wait for the 15 minute ferry ride but it saves miles and miles of traffic.


I moved to a small RV park last week. It was half way to where I was going to meet Bob & Linda later. It was a motel/trailerpark/RV park/laundromat. There were a lot of flowers blooming and a grapefruit tree that had some of the sourest grapefruit that I ever tasted. Maybe being tree ripened had something to do with it. There was a lot of traffic at the laundromat and I got everything washed easily.



Yesterday we arrived here in Donna which is very near the border of Mexico. This 110 space RV park is for retired people only and within an hour of arriving I knew all the health problems of one of my neighbors as well as his wife. There was also a heated argument about whether the people who had this spot before left on Sunday or Monday. I don't think I could stand a place like this on a long term basis. Linda & Bob and I are parked side by side almost at the entrance. We plan to visit a Wednesday flea market near here today.



I am using their satellite connection to access the internet since they don't offer WIFI here. They also don't have cable TV. No wonder these people worry about the thngs they do.



No comments: