A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Angler's Nest RV Park

See my new doormat? Scooby already claimed it, the little stinker.

I had help backing into this spot between 2 trees. I'll have some shade. This campground normally allows only 2 dogs but they made an exception for me. Now I have to see to it that they all behave.

I am in the recreation hall at the campground plugged into the direct connection which is a large phone jack. Their WIFI is not dependable in the evening they say. We will see if it works tomorrow during the day. I don't remember the name of the nearest town and I didn't bring any papers with me to the rec. hall. I will do better later.

This is a nice campground owned by a couple in Minnesota who inherited it from their parents. They are trying to upgrade it. It is only $75.00 for the week but they have a meter for the electricity to each site and they charge .16 cents per kwh. That seems high but the rent is so low it all evens out. The other choice I had was $150.00 for a week and I think they charged for electricity too. Can't really blame them as the price goes up all the time.
I stopped by the thrift shop and found another pair of jeans that fit better, also got a few books to read. I get 3 or 4 TV channels from Brownsville on my antenna so I should be well entertained for the next week.
The difficult part of the day was saying goodby to Linda and Bob. I wish them a safe trip.
I will need propane soon and they have a truck that comes around on Thursday's to deliver so that will work out well.

1 comment:

chumly said...

The freedom of the road is always worth the price of a little electricity.