A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Donna, TX

No pictures today. Linda and I went running around. We found a thrift store and I got some books and a pair of jeans. Also got some socks to tie knots in for the dogs to play with. I had to take them away soon because Scooby was eating them.
The weather was much cooler today and windy. Where I am parked, between two big rigs, I don't get rocked quite so much. I was surprised to find that even Bob and Linda's big rig rocks in the wind.
We plan another quick buying trip to Mexico. We cross at Progreso. I was suprised to find that Yahoo maps do not show Mexico. They show all roads stopping at the border.
We tried to look up what we can bring back without violating the laws. It is confusing as there is a duty free store on the Texas side that has super cheap prices on stuff but you are supposed to take it on into Mexico, then declare it on your way out. We found a large bottle of pure vanilla for $1.00. The liqour is very cheap also but I think you have to declare it when you come back across to the U.S.
We also plan a trip to a bird sanctuary tomorrow. Maybe I'll have some good pictures tomorrow.

No comments: