A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Los Indios, Tx

This morning was chilly but there was a great difference of opinion on how to dress. The nearest man has on a winter coat, the guy next to him is in a short sleeve shirt and the man they are talking to has on no shirt at all. I took this out my RV window so as not to disturb anyone.

I walked the dogs, read a lot, and enjoyed the weather. The local news says it will be 99 degrees on Friday. WOW I will burn up some of those killiwatt hours with my air conditioning.
I have been amazed at the birdcall sounds the grackles make so today I tried to record one with my digital camera. I got two 20+ second recordings before someone walked by with a dog and Scooby and Red went into their impression of attack dogs. The dogs were tied outside. In trying to get hold of Scooby before he broke his leash or his neck I inadvertantly pressed the record button on my camera. The video shows the ground and my feet but the sounds are amazing. I tried to upload the grackle video but it wouldn't go. Some kind of error. Maybe I'll try to put it on youtube sometime.
I am still at the rec center to get online. People are very friendly here. There are a couple of card games going on here involving nickles.

No comments: