A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Winnie, Texas

A day of relaxation apart from a little cleaning. That is a forever job. As my sister pointed out there are 18 feet tracking bits of grass into this RV.

There was no mail at the post office today so I guess I will stay in this area a while longer hoping to get legal. Next year I will do this differently. I was kind of distracted when I was getting ready to leave home and didn't get my license plate sticker before I left. I just need to get my priorities straight.

More dog walking lessons with a tiny bit of improvement. When we walk Silly and Red's leashes are looped over my arm and I never have to worry about where they are or what they are doing. They watch me to see where I'm going and always stay with me. Toto likes to walk on the other side from the other dogs and is not a problem either.

Then there is Scooby. If he is wearing a backpack with a water bottle in each pocket and a pronged choke chain on his neck I can keep him from lungeing ahead or this way or that but the leash is wound around my hand twice and is tight all the time. When we get back to the RV his leash is tangled with Silly and Red's, sometimes almost braided. When I walk just him he is much better. I have started taking him out alone and when I call his name, if he looks at me I give him a tiny treat. When I first got him I was teaching him to sit by giving a treat when he obeyed. So he figured he could bound into the room -skid into a sit - and demand a treat. I should have known then who he thought was in charge.

Poor Silly has some scraped spots from her grooming and has been licking them all day. The other dogs weren't sure who she was after her bath, she smelled so good.

I'm enjoying my webcam. I chatted with my niece, Megan, last night and got to see her and my great nephew, Zach. Then I had a computer to computer phone call with my sister, Linda.

The only thing on my schedule right now is meeting up with Linda and Bob the first 2 weeks in March. So I guess I can wait a few days here to see if the post office can get it's act together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Cilly really did look great in the picture. I really enjoyed seeing you on your web cam. You will have to teach me how to do the phone thing. Maybe you can teach this "old dog" a new trick. :) Just FYI... you haven't gotten anything in the mail here worth talking about. Let me know if we can help with the sticker issue from Ohio. I would be glad to. Love you.