A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Seashore

The Texas gulf seashore that we found only 20 miles away. Its not a fancy sandy beach but it is relaxing to watch and good exercise to take a walk. There is a lot of gravel and broken shells on it.
We were taking a walk and I was looking for things to pick up when Scoobie made his escape. First I said "@#%#@", then I said "oh well" as he became a dot on the horizon. I called him and we continued our walk in the direction he went. He stopped and checked on us a few times. Eventually we turned back toward the RV and he followed. He really is a good dog and I didn't yell at him when he came back, in fact I patted and praised him and gave them all a bisquit.


As you can see treasures were few and far between. In fact I realized the black and white thing at the top left is a bit of pavement. The pink glob top right is barnicles and the green, white and brown things are bits of glass ground down by the ocean until they looks like gems. I wonder how long that takes? Maybe someone with a rock polisher could tell me. I saw a TV show about a woman in California who makes jewelry out of beach glass.

We took several walks and had lunch then walked some more. Being Sat. there were several cars coming and going and I began to feel in their way. I was afraid to drive too far along the beach as I'm so big and heavy. My road service isn't good if I'm off-road and I sure didn't want to get stuck. So we left about 2:00 p.m. I think we will all sleep well tonight.

When we got home Silly decided to make her bed in MY bed. She dug out the pillow and arranged it all to suit her.


Then she checked the view, I swear she is grinning.



Then she took her nap.
This is a 10 second video of something along the road on the way home. It's what makes the world get around. Texas Tea in the making.


No comments: