A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Crystal Beach, TX



This is the local general store. It doesn't look much like a general store. They sell souviniers, gas, groceries and just about anything else you can imagine including beach parking permits, which is what I bought. As you can see it was very foggy this morning.

The birds did not mind the fog. They are hard to see, there is one long legged one on the beach and another in the air.

Not all the sights at the beach were as inspiring as the fog and the birds.
It was a very busy at the beach today, since it was a warm week-end day. People were fishing, playing volley ball and baseball (with a tennis ball and a board for a bat), there were wave runners (like snowmobiles but for the water) golf carts, cars, trucks, and dogs.
Scooby had a meltdown and got tied to the RV while I walked the other dogs. Later we were inside the RV and he went off the deep end about a dog walking by. I held him down until he calmed down. I have decided to give him back to the rescue people when I get home. I watched the Dog Whisperer and heard him say that a dog with an obsession is harder to fix than a dog with a bad habit. Scooby has too many obsessions for me to handle.
I took the dogs one at a time to let them walk in the edge of the water. They weren't excited about the waves but got their feet and legs wet. I even sat in a lawn chair and sunned my feet for a while. We will probably go back tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be really nice. It is supposed to turn colder on Tuesday. I've got to use the beach pass to get my $5.00 worth out of it.
I had left my seashells on my picnic table while I was gone, when I got back one was missing. I should have learned with my rocks in Arkansas. I think I know who took it and I gave her the evil eye when she walked by a few minutes ago. I'm sure she is upset about that - not.

No comments: