A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Feb 15

Teddy and I are working on shaking hands now instead of the violent sport of sock pulling.  He doesn’t know the command “down” very well either so we may start working on that one.  He is very food motivated so it should be easy.  He can sit up and beg for food.  He can also steal it off the table or counter.  I have to turn the bar stools with their backs to the counter when I leave the house so he can’t get up onto the breakfast bar.  So I guess jumping isn’t a problem for him either.

Okay, I’ve looked up the new drug I am getting, Faslodex, (or Faxlodex) and it is encouraging.  Some people say they have been on it for years and it has kept their cancer under control.  It is for people with advanced breast cancer that has metastasized only to the bones.  Sometimes you have to look things up to find the words that the doctor doesn’t want to say, like “advanced”.  The next thing, if this doesn’t stop the spread, would be chemotherapy.  So I am on a quest to gain weight before then.  The diet is progressing slowly.  I carried a banana to the doctor’s office with me and ate it on the way home.  Nicely packaged fruit, bananas.  Right now I am sitting lightly because of the shot yesterday.

My neighbor shoveled my driveway again yesterday and I didn’t even see him do it.  I’ll have to get him paid somehow.  He doesn’t like to take anything for his work.  There’s a challenge I can take on.

Silly Poodle

There is a 65 pound poodle in that picture, can you see her?  She doesn’t think anyone can see her.  I will admit in all the snow she is hard to find but she also does this in other kinds of weather.  She has an appropriate name.

Later….

No comments: