A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowy Monday and Dr’s Appt.

The furniture movers came on Sunday.  Actually it was my Grandson, Jake,  and my daughter’s guy friend, John.  They moved the single bed I’ve been using upstairs and moved a double bed downstairs.  They also took away an antique Singer sewing machine.  It was given to me and Lory, my daughter, admired it greatly so I gave it to her.  That frees up some room in there and the room actually looks bigger with this new arrangement.  The ultimate goal is to get a natural gas fireplace installed in the old fireplace.  How cool is that?  A fireplace in my bedroom.  Plus it would be an alternate source of heat in case the electricity ever failed. 

The dogs are totally confused by this change.  I laid on the bed for a moment, took a break from cleaning and arranging, and they got a clue as to what was happening.  The arranging isn’t done.  It will take a while to decide just how I want it.  Plus there are some boxes of “stuff” in there that need to be gone thru.

The doctor appointment today was a challenge to get to as it is snowing pretty hard.  My car has 4 wheel drive and I used it part of the way.  The news is good and bad, as usual.  The cancer has grown and is also starting to show up in my spine, a tiny bit.  That’s the bad part.  The good part is it is still only in the bones, no soft tissue is affected.  I got a shot of Faslodex (or Faxlodex) today.  That is a hormone blocker that is given with a shot in the muscle (butt).   The doctor spelled it with an “x” but on the internet it is spelled with an “s” .  Do I have a doctor who can’t spell?  I will be getting these shots every month for a while and then there will be more tests to see if they are slowing the cancer down or not.  Fun fun.  Maybe when I go in March there won’t be a snowstorm going on.

Now I have to do dishes and watch some olympics.  This silly program thinks I misspelled olympics.

Later…. 

No comments: