A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Above freezing Saturday

Give me the green light for buttered potatoes, sausage, eggs, potato chips, goat cheese, cookies, chocolate and watch the pounds pour on.  I’ve gained back a couple of the pounds that I lost.  Hibernation, naps, and a few good night’s sleep on a new mattress are doing wonders.   Sun shine helps the mood also.

Lory, daughter, was going thru some of her stuff and found a boys class ring from 1981.  She had no memory of why she had it.  There were initials inside and the school name on the top.  I tried putting it in lost and found on craigslist but no luck.  I called the school Friday and they cooperated by giving me the name and phone number of the owner.  I called and his Mother answered.  At first she was skeptical of a stranger calling, then when she understood, she was very happy.  She gave me her address so I could mail the ring to her.  I quickly packaged it up and mailed it.

I also managed to get my property tax paid even though I never received the bill.  For an extra $15 I could have paid online with a credit card but I called them and they suggested I print off the page with the info about my bill and mail that with the check. 

I’m checking things off that to-do list!  Now if I could just clear out all the clutter.

Later….

No comments: