A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

70th Birthday

over-the-hill

….and I don’t even remember being on top.

Okay this is it.  A big one that ends in a zero.  I know it’s just a number – but it’s a big one.  I’m happy to be here for it.  I don’t want a party.

I think this birthday gives me permission to be a little more outspoken and even rude at times.   I’ve been working up to this for quite a while.  If I get really good at it people won’t be so sad when I’m gone.  That’s a favor I can do for my friends and family.  Aren’t I a thoughtful person?  My Dad once said the only reason he would go to that man’s funeral was to make sure he was in the coffin.   So if I am cynical once in a while I come by it honestly.

Had the PET scan this morning early, first one of the day.  When it was time to get up my left arm was completely numb.  It came back awake quickly.  I stopped at the grocery for a few items.  The potatoes in the bags were trying to sprout.  They know it will be growing time soon.  They have faith.  Then I headed home to two very happy dogs.  Teddy barked at me several times.  I’m not sure if it was happiness or a reprimand. 

I have received several birthday cards, some made by computer and some that hit the nail on the head.  A friend stopped by yesterday with a bag of goodies which I can’t eat right now.  That’s okay – hope springs eternal.

No more snow until Sunday.

Later….

No comments: