A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Rambling

My daughter has pointed out to me that old people ramble.  They start on one subject and ramble around to other subjects until no one remembers where the conversation started.  So I decided to show her what REALLY rambling was like. 

Monday’s are trash day here, I have to gather up all the trash from the whole week and put it into a plastic bag and get it out to the street before dark.  It is picked up during the night when there is less traffic on this busy road.  It’s a busy road because it’s a state route and many semi’s use it.  The trash in the bathroom is seldom full unless I’ve been cleaning out the cupboards in there, which needs doing.  I found a very ancient tube of anti-biotic ointment in there the other day.  Don’t know when I bought it but I think it was for when I had my ingrown toenail worked on and that was back 6 or 7 years ago, maybe as long ago as 9 years.  It went into the trash.  Then there’s the laundry room trash, always has lint in it.  You should clean out the lint trap every time you use the dryer.  If you use those dryer sheets to soften the laundry you should really scrub the lint trap once in a while as it can become clogged with that softening stuff in the sheets.  That’s a fire hazard.  I have a sticker on the back door aimed at the fire department, if they should ever have to come.  It says I have 3 dogs, which isn’t true anymore.  I could always get another dog in which case the sticker would be true, or I could try to get that sticker off.  Getting stickers off you need a single edged razor blade which sends us back to the bathroom searching thru cupboards.…

By that time both my daughter and I were laughing so hard I couldn’t continue with my “ramble”.  We never got to Tuesday.  I am an expert rambler given the opportunity.  Usually I get interrupted before I get too far.

I’m back to being more careful with the diet.  Maybe I rushed things a little with that whole box of chocolate chip cookies.  Time will tell.

Later….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cooky!!! Luv ya. Susan