A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

 valentineday

A beautiful sunny morning today.  The weather is  supposed to get nasty later.

Yesterday I ventured over to the antique barn to visit with my friends.  There were gifts waiting for me, food I can eat, flavored applesauce.  Also some Little Kings beer.  Apparently light ale is supposed to be good for your bones.  I’ll vote for that.  Little Kings is my favorite.

I received some carrot cake (one of my favorites) on my birthday and was afraid to eat it due to my uncertain stomach.  It sat there tempting me, encouraging me.  Last night I ate some in defiance of belly aches.  This morning my belly is no worse, even some better.  WOOOHOOO!   Patience has paid off and I seem to be on the way back.  I’ll still be very careful with an occasional venture into chocolate,  carrot cake, even a potato with butter on it, and a beer.

Last night I let the dogs out and then got busy with other things, ate my supper and read a book for a while.  Then it occurred to me that things were very quiet in here and there was noise outside.  THE DOGS!  I had forgotten that they were out.  They were not happy with me but they were really happy to get inside.  Silly has always played a game of not coming in when called.  She stands behind a twig or branch and pretends I can’t see her.  I have to close the door and wait a few moments, then open the door just for her, then she comes.  Either that or go out to get her.  It’s her game.  Well, she hasn’t played that game today.  Can an old dog learn new tricks?  Maybe.

Later….

No comments: