A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday, Nov 30

Wonderful wonderful dogs – they let me sleep till 10:00 a.m. this morning.  I kept my bedroom door closed during the night and that seems to keep them from waking me up.  Maybe I just don’t hear them stirring around in their cages.  Whatever it is, it works and I will use it.

Getting up that late throws meal times off.  So I will just munch thru the day and not worry about it.

Rainy day today, had to encourage the dogs to go out.  I was so pleased with them that I even dried them off with a towel when they came in.

Coming down off all the steroids I kind of crash and feel shaky and clumsy today.  Called in the prescription for next week, have to pick that up this afternoon. 

My hair doesn’t seem to be falling out yet.  I keep testing.  I find tickles in my nose and find nose hairs in the hanky when I blow it.  Had not thought about those hairs coming out.

This journey is a continual surprise.  I learn something all the time.  For 48 hours after chemo I am to be careful with bodily fluids. 

It is easier since I live alone, no one else to worry about except the dogs.  I am to put the lid down and flush the toilet twice.  I have heard that putting the lid down when flushing is always a good idea.  Think of that mist in the bathroom where your toothbrush is.  Yuck.

On that thought I think I will get something to eat.

later….

 

 

No comments: