A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Health News

Had a nice breakfast with friends.

Just got back from the doctor’s office.  My oncologist suggested that I get a liver biopsy next week and then start chemo on Nov. 22.  The biopsy hasn’t been scheduled yet, it will be outpatient and I will get drugs.  I love drugs.

Her opinion was that it would be good to compare this biopsy with the one I had 2 years ago just be be absolutely sure it is the same thing. 

I got a prescription for possible  nausea and one for steroids (major steroids) to take the day before the first chemo treatment.  

  Lory went with me and explained that when I am on steroids I can peel wallpaper off the walls with my teeth.  The doctor laughed and said if I didn’t have a bad reaction to the chemo they could reduce the steroids for later treatments.

She says it will be 3 weeks of chemo then 1 week off.  I was given lots of literature to read.  

While looking out the window from the parking garage (4th floor)we got a good view of the landscaping around the area.

2010-11 001

The one above shows alternating red bushes with the evergreens.

2010-11 002

Don’t know what kind of trees these are but they sure are red.  They looked a bit better from above.

2010-11 003

The dogs had gotten into my bedroom while we were gone but they left no presents for me in there.  Good dogs.  Bandit had to go outside and run in circles for a while when we got home.

I left the prescriptions at the drug store for pick-up tomorrow. 
We stopped on the way home at an estate sale.  I bought a styrofoam head for .25 cents.   Might need that for a wig soon.

We also stopped and bought dog food. 

Now I can sit back and take a break and read all this literature….

later….

No comments: