A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day Before

Sunday will be another “day before chemo” day.  The steroids I take on the day before are DEXAMETHASONE.  They come in 4 mg strength.  I am to take 4 of them 24 hours before and 4 more 12 hours before chemo.  Last week I took 5 each time.  I hope to be able to reduce the dose each week.

We will see if I have the pounding head the same as last week.  I have a prescription of HYDROCODON-ACETAMINIOPHEN for if I get that pounding again. 

I am trying to plan productive activity for the inability to sleep on Sunday night.  Maybe clean.

To night Susan took me to church.  It’s one of those non-denominational churches where you come as you are.  They serve coffee and the hymns are projected on a couple screens.  There is a band instead of an organ.

Susan and Willie brought me home from church and Willie got to meet Bandit. It was a love match.  If you pet the right spot, and that’s just about anywhere, Bandit’s back leg gets going.  Sometimes both back legs get going and he has to lay down.

In getting ready to go to church I had a problem getting my hair to behave, the sides kept sticking out.  Hmmmmm.  I pulled out the scissors and cut off the pieces that stuck out, then trimmed the top a little.  I’ve done this before but not with such abandon.  Since it’s all going to fall out soon I can whack away all I want.

Actually it will save time if I can just slap on a wig instead of fixing and fixing and spraying.  I may even post a bald picture on here. It depends on how gnarly my head is.  Don’t want to scare people.

later….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really solved my problem, thank you!