A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Survived Biopsy

Just got back from the hospital a little while ago.  I have had lots of water to drink and some pasta salad and canned peaches to eat – and of course, chocolate!

I wasn’t’ ready to come home at noon as they had thought I would be so my ride friend had to wait quite a while.

Everything went fine.  They thought they might want to use IVP (dye with iodine) so they could see better with the scan machine.  Then they saw that I am allergic to it.  They considered giving me steroids by IV but finally decided to try without the dye.

It worked without IVP dye.  Thank goodness.  I looked on their screen and could see the needle, right beside the spot it needed to be.  They tried again a couple of times and were finally satisfied.

Each time they ran me into the scan machine to check things out and get a new picture..

I was not knocked completely out but had some drugs to help me relax.  I think they just relaxed me enough that I jumped now and then.  I can hold still if I am alert.

Afterward I was to lay on a rolled up towel to put pressure on the spot for 2 hours.  I slept until they brought me some juice and graham crackers.

My friend said I was very pale when I came out of the hospital.  After getting home and letting the dogs out and back in I pinked up.  She left so I could get some rest.

I will not hear any results from this until Monday so, as usual, it is a waiting game.

It is raining today.  We need it very badly.  A 1/2 inch isn’t going to help much when we are down by 8 or 9 inches.

Nap time.

later….

1 comment:

Linda said...

Glad you are back home with your fur friends, I know they will do their best to take good care of you! Get your rest!