A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Before Chemo

Reading about this chemo stuff is a bit scary.  My bodily fluids will be poison for a couple of days after the chemo.  I guess if it is working that makes sense.  I am to flush twice and wash hands extra times.

I’m trying to get things in order so I can take it easy in case I am sick from it.  Got spare dog food today.  Got extra yogurt and a small turkey breast and lots of jello. 

I bought a blender the other day.  I have destroyed two in the past.  Okay, so they were hand me downs but still.  This one is supposed to be able to do ice cubes so maybe it will stand the test.   Haven’t tried it yet.

I have 2 different prescriptions for nausea and the doctor suggested that I try each one before the chemo so I would know their side affects.  The first one I tried, ondansetron, made it feel as if I had a brick in my stomach, didn’t make me sleepy. 

The second one, promethazine, I tried this afternoon.  It made me very sleepy, so I took a nice long nap with 2 dogs on the couch with me.  Picture that.

So now I know and can choose which side affect works at the time I need it.  Maybe bricks in my stomach will be a good thing at some point.

I found the tape measure today.  Bandit is 44 inches from the tip of his nose to the base of his tail.  That’s a loooong dog.  That cage he was in yesterday is 25 inches long.  He managed to fit.

I have an invitation to Thanksgiving dinner from John’s Mother, but don’t know if I will feel fit for human consumption.  That sounds like I will be eaten. LOL 

I’m a bit like an animal – if I don’t feel good I want to hide somewhere till I feel better.  Just leave me alone.

Trying to get Christmas packages ready to mail.  Not doing much this year.  I am basically a bah humbug person. 

later…. 

No comments: