A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cancering

Homemade mouthwash = 1 quart of water, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt.  I am to use that mouthwash several times a day while on chemo.  No commercial mouthwash.  Chemo may cause mouth sores. 

So I have brewed up the mouthwash and put it in an old bear shaped honey container for in the kitchen.  An old ketchup squirt bottle full of it is in the bathroom.

Got a call late Friday afternoon from my oncologist.  The biopsy is the same kind of cancer that started in my breast and moved to my bones and now to my liver.

Thursday I took a nap and woke up with a sore neck.  The curse of having cancer is that everything is viewed through that prism.  Had it moved to my neck?  Was I doomed from now on to this pain in my neck?  It even moved up to the back of my head, OHHH NOOOO!

It lasted until Friday evening, then subsided.  Got to get hold of myself and stop worrying.  What will be will be.  A stiff neck is probably just a stiff neck.

Visited with my friends at the antique barn this afternoon.  They have put out a APB on the guy who stabbed me Tuesday at the hospital.  Smile

Tomorrow I will be on steroids, probably shouldn’t post to this blog in that condition.  If the phone rings I answer it “WHAT?” when I am taking the steroids.  Call at your own risk.

later….

 

 

1 comment:

Linda said...

I did take my chances and called, Kat answered "What"!! We then had a nice visit. Good Luck tomorrow with the Chemo!