A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Health News

Do you really want to hear all the health news?  I assume you do, so if you don’t, stop reading now.

My oncologist is out of town so when I called for results of my PET scan a different doctor called back with the results. 

He says I have 4 small finger-tip size spots on my liver.  The bone in my hip has improved, probably from the radiation.

He would recommend chemotherapy using Taxol.  He says that is given once a week for 3 weeks and then take a break.  If he said how long the break would be I didn’t catch it.  He said they have very good results with this treatment.

The reason I haven’t had any chemotherapy before is that it doesn’t do much for bones but works well on soft tissue. 

He did say that my brain looked normal!  So there!

My doctor will be back on the 10th and I chose to wait for her to come back to start treatment.  He said those few days wouldn’t make any difference.

So I’m looking on the next few days as a break, time to get used to the idea of chemo.  Time to read about Taxol on the internet.

I shopped today at Walmart and the clerk who checked me out was sad about the election. 

I tried to explain it to her but had no luck.  She said all those rich CEO’s will get a break from Republicans. 

I asked her where she would go to look for a job – some poor man or a CEO of a company.  She didn’t get it.  CEO’s are bad, poor people should have their stuff.  Sounds like Obama.

The scary part is he doesn’t just want poor people to do better, he wants to take it away from rich people (who have earned it) and give it to people who didn’t earn it. 

I tried to help a homeless person once.  After offering a few days of temporary housing he said “I want your RV”; not “I want one like that” or “you have a nice RV” but “I want YOUR RV”.  After many attempts, eventually I had to call the police to get that man to leave.

If you didn’t earn it you don’t appreciate it.  If it is given to you it isn’t worth much.  Time after time that has been proven to me. 

So all you young people get out there and get a good job and pay your dues so I can be retired and get benefits now and….

later….

 

 

No comments: