A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Politics BLAH

I can change the size of the type now.  Maybe this new version of Live Writer is not so bad, maybe - if I can just use the parts that I like. 

A new irritation – child proof caps on vitamins and mouthwash and cough syrup.  WHY?  This new kind of cap has a spot on each side that you have to pinch while turning the cap.  Now I can pat my head and rub my stomach but these new caps in the middle of the night (cough syrup) are just too much.  So I leave the cap loose which leaves the possibility that it will get spilled. 

And while I am complaining – political robo calls are infuriating.  If I haven’t made up my mind by now I shouldn’t be voting.

There – I feel better.

Nov. 1, my Dad’s (1909 – 1982) birthday.  I was told he was born close to midnight and by the time they checked the time they decided to use Nov. 1 rather than Oct. 31 because of Halloween.  Must have been a bit of superstition about that.

My Dad was a hard worker.  He enjoyed fishing and thoroughly enjoyed his 10 years of retirement in Florida, doing a lot of fishing and growing citrus fruit in their small backyard.

He was always interested in politics and I can’t help wondering what he would think about the present situation.  I think I know.  For a while I thought President Truman’s first name was SOB.

Looking forward to voting tomorrow and getting rid of all the political ads on TV as well as the phone calls and signs along the road.

Later….

 

No comments: