A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday PET Scan Day

I installed some updates yesterday and a new version of Windows Live Writer was part of that update.  Now I have to figure out a new program – cheeesh.

Looks like I will still have to keep my eye out for a small meek Bassett to foster.  The one I thought might work out got adopted.  That’s the best solution for him.

PET Scan Day (Positron Emission Tomography).  The hospital called yesterday to schedule a PET scan for Friday (this)  afternoon.  They must be running short of patients.  

I still have my parking pass for the back near the PET scan area.  So I didn’t get a blister from walking from the regular parking area. 

These scans take a while, first you get the shot of radioactive sucrose, then you get an hours nap in a very comfortable chair with a warmed blanket over you.  That is you get a nap if you don’t snore and wake yourself up. 

Try laying down on the couch with your arms over your head for 20 minutes (it used to take 40 minutes).   You do get a pillow under your knees to make this more comfortable. 

One of my arms always goes to sleep and has to be hauled down by the other one.  Once the sleeping one fell off the table and I couldn’t find it for a moment.  Real funny feeling.

Had to miss lunch for this test so I took some chocolate along for in the car on the way home.   I’ll have a good supper and a bedtime snack to catch up.

They did an extra 6 minutes on my brain.  Some people might insist that is a useless quest but when the results come in I will have proof that something is in there.

I’ll get the results….

later….

No comments: