A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Again

In the summer of 2009 I had city water installed.  That involved a large ditch being dug from the street to the front of my house.  See the link below –> http://katbulue.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

That involved a large heap of dirt over the former ditch.  We waited until spring of 2010 to level it out and plant grass seed.  Tim and Willie did the leveling job for me.  Lory and John planted the grass seed and it has grown nicely.

The ditch has sunk more and there are now cracks in the ground on both sides of the former ditch/mound. 

2010-10 003

2010-10 004

Maybe it’s because of the very dry weather we have had this year.  Maybe it will fix itself when we get rain. 

Maybe I don’t really care much whether it does or not.  I figure I will buy a couple bags of top soil every year and spread them around on the low area and see if that helps. 

We are supposed to get some rain soon, along with wind.  Could do without the wind but we really need the rain.

I am planning on getting a new bathtub.  While I am at it I am considering a walk-in bathtub.  

Lowes does not install walk-in bathtubs, something about unions and contracts.  Home Depot wants $50 to give an estimate.  I have a call in to my plumber to see what he has to say about it.

Things shouldn’t be so complicated.  I don’t want a spa or anything fancy, just a tub with a door. 

It would make it easy to bathe the dogs since I wouldn’t have to lift them into the tub.  They seem to be able to jump out on their own.  Maybe it has something to do with being happy the bath is over.

The plumber just called and is coming tomorrow to measure and see what is needed to get me a bathtub.  YEAH!

I even got the trash out before dark.

Later….

No comments: